We are an original character post-apocalyptic forum role-play site
set in the universe of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead.

Because we value originality and creativity, cannon characters are unavailable for play. They get their time to shine, now it's yours. We know you will be able to establish a character worthy of being chronicled in the history books of this new dystopia.

Role-playing anywhere in the Former United States is encouraged. We have designed this forum to be expanded, shaped and molded directly by the players themselves. This is your country now.

NO WORD COUNT ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME

Come, we invite you to tell your story.

Our inspiration is divined from their respective owners & creators:

Skin by: Novia at RPG-D
Skin & Graphic edits by: Idan
Welcome Menu & Graphics by: Idan
Awards & Group Icons by: Upestana at TAZ
On/Off Status by: DustyBones at TAZ
Cbox Toggle & Tabs: kismet at RPG-D
Mini-Profiles: Darren Criss AKA Becky at Caution 2.0
Hover Pics: Alysaurus at Caution 2.0
Stat Table: Revo at RPG-D

Extra Special Thanks to Memoria at RPG-D

All user created content belongs to their creator. Do not steal.

• Welcome
  • Info
  • Staff
  • Credits

• Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

War of the Dead, Dal/Ash/Open
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Jan 1 2015, 10:24 PM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal
    Awards: 4

Dallen huffed. He lifted himself back up with her help and then took a deep breath. Not more than a few days ago he had thought the city of Gainesville was relatively made up of the dead. They had learned of another few groups in the area before, but he had no idea one was formed beneath the ground.

"I have a group," he decided to tell her. "They're good people. They aren't far, just south of Lake Lanier. If I can get to them, they can help us with these 'raiders'. Get rid of them, for both our sakes."

In his mind, just the idea of having a rebel group in the same bounds as his home base pissed him off. They had to die, the dead were enough to worry about.

"I can't get to my people alone, not in this state," he continued. "I can guide us through the horde, no problem, but I need your help. The sooner I get to them the better. Then when everything's done, we can maybe see if you guys would like to join us. But first thing's first, will you help me get to my friends?"

The horde above them was already beginning to thin out, though they were still a great threat.

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Jan 2 2015, 06:59 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

“I'm sure they are,” Ashley commented. Everyone thought that about their respective groups. The more time you spent with them the more they turned from people you survived with into an extended family of sorts. These people hunting Dallen probably thought they were 'good' and doing the right thing as well. It was all a matter of perspective, really.

Listening with apathy, she said nothing until he mentioned the prospect of merging the two. Ashley frowned, not appreciating the suggestion and the implication, whether he meant to do it or not, that they would be better off elsewhere. “Lets get one thing straight, Dallen,” she said, holding up a hand to stop him from speaking until she finished. “This place, while it may not live up to your particularly high standards,” she told him with a roll of our eyes, “is our home. We won't be going anywhere to join anyone. It's kept us safe and we do well here. I know you think you're helping us by offering us to come with you and join your group, but you're not.”

Unable to make up his mind—less than a few seconds ago he'd wanted to stay and now he was talking about rejoining his group—Ashley had to wonder if he was stable or if the condition of the world above had gotten to him as she'd seen happen to many others. Starting to agree more with Ron by the second, she got the uneasy sense that this man would eventually equal more trouble than he was worth. Ashley knew he needed to leave as soon as possible, but it was a suicide mission to go up there at the moment with the horde still roaming and those people hot on Dallen's trail. In his current condition, she wasn't physically strong enough to prop him up and be his crutch all the way south of Lake Lanier. It simply wasn't a possibility.

“Rest up tonight and we'll see if you can stand on your own tomorrow. If you can, I'll get you back to your people.” Or she'd attempt it, anyway. It would be best for everyone.

Leading him back to the camp, as soon as they arrived the little girl came running up to them. “Auntie Ashley! You're not dead!” she exclaimed happily. “Daddy was worried and mommy started yelling at him again.” Off in the distance the woman that the girl had been hiding behind earlier was yelling at Ron who had his hands on his hips, looking down at the ground with a look of agitation; it was obvious that he wasn't listening to whatever she was saying.

A soft sigh of defeat, Ashley hid her irritation at the two as she forced a smile on her face and bent down to pick up the little girl. She wrapped her arms around Ashley's neck and hung off her hip as she looked over at Dallen. Her tiny face scrunched with disapproval. “You smell funny.”

“That's not very nice,” she scolded her. With a nod towards the girl, Ashley told Dallen, “This little monster is Elsie. She has no manners.” The girl giggled. “She's my niece. Bell's daughter. My sister. Ron's her hubby.”

“Takes more after her father, though,” a wary voice said from beside them. Holding her hands out for the girl, she said nothing. Ashley reluctantly handed Elsie over to her sister, wanting to spend more time with her niece, but also wanting the sudden tension that Bell had brought with her to leave. “I trust everything's okay here?”

Ashley nodded, giving Dallen a pat on the back. “He's staying here tonight. And tomorrow I'm going to help him find his people,” she stated. Bell's eyes narrowed, a frown making it's way onto her face. “I'll be fine.”

With a dubious grunt in response, the woman walked away. The little girl whined as she was carried off saying that she wanted to spend more time with Auntie Ashley and see 'the scary man'.
    ^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Jan 3 2015, 09:32 AM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

"Fair enough," he said, realizing she was adamant about staying in the sewers.

He wanted to continue on with the subject matter, and tell her that it would be safer for their kids there. They had some of their own, as well as a schooling section that had just started up. Their walls were stronger at the home depot, and it was much safer to be above ground, but he let it go. In time he knew she would see it all for herself and at that time, he would bring it back up again.

He followed her back to the main gathering room of the group, catching more glares as he entered again. The little girl from before hugged Ashley and gave him yet another nasty look.

"...we're in a sewer..." he started to argue with the child, but quickly caught himself. As Ashley explained that they were all related, he took a quick sniff of himself while they weren't looking. Yeah, she was right. He smelled like death and cigarettes.

Dallen nodded as the others were introduced, then they all quickly left to another part of the area. A sharp pain shot up his side again, and he flinched from it, grasping the area of pain with a hand.

"I'll get some rest then," he said. Ash, regardless of how this turns out, thank you."

He then went back to the janitor room/holding cell he was in from before. There was a scarce number of beds, as expected in a sewer, and so he just layed down on the cold floor and closed his eyes.

It wasn't long before he was asleep, drifting off into a different kind of nightmare than the actual real world. This time, though, he knew he was dreaming as he stood on a barren hill and watched himself driving a truck down a highway. His daughter, Kayla, in the back seat behind him. She looked happy, the two had just left the theater he remembered, and were heading back home.

"No! Stop!" Dallen screamed, as he ran down the hill toward the approaching vehicle.

On the other side of the street was a semi, of which the driver would later be found driving under the influence. Before Dallen could reach the curb of the highway, it had already started again. The truck driver swerved his massive semi onto oncoming traffic, the trailer end turning out of control.

"Can we watch a scary movie next time, daddie?" his daughter asked, she was flopping her teddy bear around back and forth. "Chris said his parents let him."

"I don't think you can handle those types of movies yet sweety," he replied.

"I can! I'm brave!" she flexxed her tiny arm.

Dallen smiled, taking a quick look into the rearview to see her.

"No promises. Scary movies have to many people die in them." Dallen was chewing on a toothpick, one he had flipped over in his mouth to chew on the other side.

"Then why doesn't someone save them?" she asked. "You can save them, right daddie? Like the prince did? Save them."

The semi swerved in front of their vehicle in a matter of seconds. Before Dallen could even react, it was done.

He woke up again, getting familiar with the dank sewer already. His body ached, but he was no worse off than he had been since the apocalypse started. A few nicks and stabs here and there, it was nothing new. He had been shot in the hip a while back by some crazed cannibals, and if he could survive that then this was nothing.

When he exited the room, he found things to be in a bit of a frenzy. People were rushing around, scared looks on their faces.

"What's happening?" he asked no one in particular.

A random man going by turned to him. "Some dead freaks are trying to break through one of the tunnel barricades, nothing we can't handle."

Dallen looked around until he finally saw Ash, so he made his way over to her.

"Anything I can help with?" he asked.

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Feb 6 2015, 03:35 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

Giving Dallen a nod of her head, Ashley responded, “It's no problem,” before he went back to the room they'd been keeping him in before. There wasn't much light seeping through the cracks from the surface anymore which meant that it was most likely late, but regardless of the time of day, the stress made her tired and she was ready to turn in herself.

There weren't many beds—the few they had brought from above by the men and reserved for the children and mothers—but there were numerous pallets here and there. Ashley took to her usually spot, staring up at the piping overhead while trying to get to sleep. Even though she was tired, it was always difficult to shut down her mind and sometimes took hours for her to fall asleep.

Just as soon as the woman had dozed off she was woken again by one of the men warning her of a potential breech. Running a hand over her face, the woman grunted before picking herself up and helping to attend to the matter.

Being the overseer, she crossed her arms and watched as the stronger members of the group held the biters at bay. With knives taped with duck-tape to the end of long, sturdy sticks, they silently dispatched the dead at the front lines, thinning the numbers before they could reinforce the barriers.

The woman barely glanced over at Dallen when he approached her. To his question she replied, “Yeah. You can go back and rest up some more.” Considering the fact that he could barely stand earlier, she doubted the man could hold his own right now if the dead did manage to break through. “You need to be in tip-top shape for tomorrow. This is nothing.” It wasn't the first time a small herd had found it's way to one of their barricades and it wouldn't be the last, but it was manageable for the time being.
    ^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Feb 6 2015, 04:23 PM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

The threat was minor, something that seemed like a frequent occurrence. The man retreated, back toward his room where he could rest up some more. On his way back, he noticed an elderly man with white hair and glasses on his face in the medical room. Dallen knocked lightly on the opened door and entered.

"Just wanted to thank you, Doc," he said. "For bandaging me up."

The doctor stopped for a moment and looked at Dallen, then went back to whatever work he was doing, ignoring him. After a few moments, he spoke.

"Many here believe I wasted valuable medical resources on you, something that may come back to hurt this group in the long run," he said as he continued to sort through some kind of research. "Your wounds are minor, you should be fine in a day or two. Nothing important was cut, which means you are very lucky."

"I'm feeling a bit better already."

"You just lost a lot of blood, but you seem like a capable person," he added. "So I ask of you Mr. Larson, what will you do when you are yet again capable? Will you leave? Or will you help."

"I'll help any way I can, is there something you have in mind?"

"Actually, there is. A few months ago we lost contact with a few of our runners, they were sent to the old nursery hospital on owens and clark. The group won't go in search for them, because spotters have labeled that territory a dead zone now. The tunnels don't reach that far, and it's to dangerous up top. There are valuable fresh supplies we desperately need, and also I would like to know the fate of these runners if possible."

"Why? It's been months, they're most likely dead."

The doctor pulled out a picture of him and a younger man, he handed it to Dallen.

"My son Steven," he said, fighting back tears. "They won't even try to look for him. I must know his fate. If you really truly want to help, get those medical supplies secured and find my son. Dead or alive, I must know."

"I'll see what I can do," was all Dallen said, and then walked away.

As he moved down the corrider, he walked up to a man with a sort of booth laid out before him. He had some supplies, like flashlights, batteries, melee weapons, and other things. The one thing that caught Dallen's attention was the cartons of cigarettes he had stowed away.

"What do I have to do to get a smoke from you, friend?" Dallen asked.

"Nothing's free here," the asian man replied. "No money, no items."

"Money?"

"Rations, stoopid," the man waved a hand at Dallen, almost shooing him away. "I'm tradesman, you have something nice I trade for you cigarette. Or alcohol, you like whiskey?"

Dallen nodded, the man reached into his long coat pocket and pulled out a stained silver watch, one he had looted from a general store some time ago. He handed the man the watch, and in return recieved one cigarette.

"Just one!?" Dallen spat. "That watch is waterproof."

"Fine. Fine. Take two stoopid. Now go, come back when you have better, okay?"

Dallen walked off, a little annoyed but still happy enough to get a smoke. He pulled out his wallet, something useless yet he still carried it around, and within one of the pockets he still had matches. Sparking up one of the smokes, he sat against a wall and quietly enjoyed it. It was a bit of heaven for him, especially after everything of late.

Once he finished, he started back to his room to rest. Right beside the doorway of the storage room, he saw the young girl from earlier playing with some kind of old board game by herself. He sat beside her.

"Mind if I join you?' he asked.

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Feb 6 2015, 05:01 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

Her parents had woken up abruptly during the night, startling the girl. She watched as her father gathered his gear, her mother begging him to come back to bed and let the others take care of things for a change. The man didn't listen, leaving the two by themselves. Elsie looked at her mother with her big blue eyes, but kept her distance when the woman began to cry.

With a sigh, the girl picked herself off from the flimsy mattress and walked over to the area where the toys were. Digging through the paltry selection, she tossed a camouflaged doll—though Joey insisted it was an action figure—to the side looking for something in particular. Reaching into the bin, she pulled out a large rectangular box. The girl carried it off to a corner of the sewer and sat down. Holding the lid, she gave it a shake before the box clattered to the floor. Glancing up, she watched the adults as they shouted at each other and ran around, none of them noticing her.

Some of the pieces fell out of the box and scattered across the concrete. Elsie crawled until she'd gathered them all, clutching them protectively in her tiny hands while she sat the board for three players—her self and two imaginary people that she would be controlling and pretending were real. Humming to herself as she rolled the dice and moved one of the tokens, she didn't look up when she heard the new arrival asking if he could play. The girl ignored him, rolling again and moving her second token to the appropriate spot.

“Daddy says you're trouble,” she said. When it was time to move the third token, she held her hands out and offered him the dice. “But auntie doesn't seem to mind.”
    ^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Feb 6 2015, 07:24 PM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

"Well, " he started, taking the dice and rolling. He let her move the pieces. "You're daddy's right to think so. He's just protecting you. Daddy's are supposed to."

For one moment, everyone in the area had left. They were all where they needed to be at this time, leaving it quieter. The dripping of water from a pipe could be heard nearby. Then the noise came back again, and the moment was gone. People came rushing back through, as if this place were society's last hot spot. He grabbed the dice again and rolled when it was his turn.

"I'm going to try and not be trouble," he told her. "I plan to help you guys, when my wounds are healed. Until then, I've got all the time in the world to beat you at this game.

He moved again. She looked around his daughter's age when she passed. It had only been somewhere around five years since the outbreak started, this poor girl was probably born down here and knows of little else.

"...though I'm not doing a very good job..." he added. "My name's Dallen, by the way."

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Feb 6 2015, 08:34 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

The little girl shrugged her shoulders in response. “I guess,” she said nonchalantly, her attention far more interested in the game instead of any conversation about her father. Her parents actions were something that she was used to and she found ways to entertain herself just as she was doing now. Closing her eyes tightly as she shook the dice in her hand and chanted quietly for a certain number to appear, she threw her arms in the air into a cheer when she got the right number and happily moved her piece. “You gotta go back now,” she said. Giggling fiendishly, she showed no sympathy while whacking his piece out of the way and stating proudly, “Thems the rules.”

In all actuality, she didn't know the rules of the game. Ashley had brought it back from the surface one day and had promised to teach her, but there was always something else that needed to be done. So Elsie had taken to making up her own way to play that had little to no reasoning involved. She wasn't reading the cards, just looking at the pictures, and if one looked closely enough, she wasn't counting the proper amount of spaces on the dice, either. She couldn't.

When he mentioned that he wasn't very good at the game, Elsie giggled innocently as she agreed in the blunt way of a child, “Yeah. You're not good very good at this game.” Opening her mouth to answer, she stopped when she heard it called.

“Elsie!” Ashley said as she walked up to the two of them. Hands resting on her hips, the woman gave an exasperated sigh. “What have I told you about bothering the new arrivals?” she asked the girl.

“I wasn't bothering no one,” the girl said defensively with a pout. “He started talking to me first!”

“Where's you mom?” Ashley asked her.

“Crying,” Elsie responded with a bit of attitude and slight roll of the eyes. Not knowing what the world was like before, growing up in this environment had hardened her.

Ashley visibly frowned at that response. It wasn't the first time Bell had broken down, but it was something that had started to become all too much of a common occurrence lately and she worried for her sister. While she'd tried talking to Ron about it, whenever the two of them were together he avoided the subject of his wife. “And your dad?”

“Looking for you,” she stated as she looked back to the game board and rolled the dice. Picking up one of the cards from the pile, she grinned as she proceeded to move her token across the board. “Making sure you don't get eaten by the stinkers.” Lifting her head, she asked Dallen, “Have you smelled one of those things? One time Daddy cut one up and we had to cover up in the nasty stuff so they wouldn't eat us.” She scrunched her nose up in disgust at the thought. It wasn't something she wanted to do again.

“All right,” Ashley said. “Go on to bed, squirt,” she told her. “Don't bother Dallen. He needs to rest.”

Resting her hand on her knee, Elsie stood. “Why do I get in trouble when he was the one who asked to play?” the little girl grumbled. “Daddy was right. You really are trouble,” she told Dallen before running back to the area where their sleeping quarters were.
    ^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Feb 7 2015, 12:06 AM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

He gave her a sly look when she made him move back a few spaces. The game was cut short when Ashley arrived, though it was probably for the best. He had no idea what a plus 3 ent was anyway.

"Cute kid," he said and stood up, cringing a little at the pain. "She was right, though, she did nothing wrong. All my fault." He looked at her for a moment. "Fine, more rest. I promise, though, you should get some yourself."

With that, he tapped her on the shoulder and headed to his room. Off to another sleep, this time with no dreams. He slept for longer than he had planned, over a day. His body was sore, but he grew used to the stone flooring. Beggars can't be choosers.

A FEW DAYS LATER

After straightening out a few kinks in his joints and stretching, Dallen felt bounds better. The pain was already fading, and he was feeling like his old self again, to a point. After doing a few push ups, he exited his room to the now familiar smell of the sewers. He had overheard that the walkers were dispersed now above, and that things were beginning to turn back to normal for this place again.

It was time to start showing his worth.

He tied his boot laces up tight and fixed his tie. The community had overheard that he was going on the doctor's medical run, and though they didn't seem interested to help, one man gave him a kitchen knife for a weapon. He remembered where he dropped his mossberg 500, hoping the knife would do him well to get it back. Ash came into view, and he didn't know what she would think of this.

"I owe you guys, this is the least I can do," he said. "Then when I'm done, I'll leave."

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: May 13 2015, 11:48 PM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

The next day he was supposed to set out. He would get the medicine, return it here, and then be on his way back to the home depot. Things change in an instant. He was awakened by the shrill screaming of one of the community members, someone getting their flesh torn from their body.

Panic arose quickly, as dozens upon dozens of the dead poured into the tunnels and attacked the people living here. Dallen ran out of his room, seeing the people scatter in horror as their fellows were being devoured alive. Shots rang off, blood splattered on the walls, and all Dallen could think of was the little girl Elsie. He heard a child scream, and after shuffling through the people he saw her cowering in a corner.

A walker slid against the stone wall toward her, but Dallen smashed his right boot into its skull. The remains trickled from the wall to the floor. He then picked the little girl up and tossed her on his shoulder. He had to ignore the pain he felt from his wounds, as more and more of the dead came in.

They hit a dead end. The barricades that were supposed to keep the dead out were destroyed, and instead guarded by men. Raiders, the ones looking for Dallen most likely. They let the walkers in, then sat at the exits waiting to pick any and all off.

The gunfire blared through their flesh quicker than the horde could. Dallen fell to the floor, shielding Elsie until it passed briefly. Once it did, he quickly pulled her up and down another tunnel, where the dead were coming toward them. There was a ladder though, leading to the surface.

"Don't let go," he told her, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

The weary man climbed up just as the dead reached the base of the ladder. Once he opened up the sewer cap and entered to the street, they quickly realized that they were far from safe. Walkers surrounded them. This was it, this was how he was going to die.

As the dead closed in, a truck came driving through the horde. Men were in the cab, shooting randomly at walkers. They were part of the group that started this, the ones he figured were looking for him. As soon as they had appeared, the driver backed into a wall, leading them in to an alley. As the vehicle attempted a U-turn to get out, Dallen seized the opportunity.

He rushed forward, leaving the girl in the middle of the street with hungry undead inching closer. Before the raiders had even noticed Dal, being focused on the walkers approaching from the warehouse, Dallen smashed his fist as hard as he could into the driver's temple and knocked him out. He took the man's gun and shot the other two in the cab dead, their bodies slumping out of the truck bed and onto the pavement.

The little girl got in the truck, sitting between Dal and the unconscience man. He assured her the man was out, and he decided to keep him for questioning once they reached the home depot.

"What about Ashley, and mom?" Elsie asked, nearly in tears.

"They're dead," he said bluntly, though he never actually saw them die. It was still a safe assumption, given the circumstances. "I'm sorry."

Dallen pulled the truck over once they were safer, secluded out in the middle of the capital of nowhere. He told the girl to stay in the vehicle as he dragged the raider out to the back bumper and woke him up with a few slaps to the face.

"Who are you guys?" he asked.

There was no response, the man simply smiled and spit blood from his mouth to the side. Dallen immediately pulled out his small kitchen knife and stabbed it diectly down into the man's right knee cap, breaking it from the force. He screamed, and as Dallen theatened the next knee, he talked.

Dallen found out that the raiders were looking for a specific person, an army man. All this time he thought they were looking for him. The raiders thought they had traced the man to this sewer community, but they were wrong. The more the man described the person they were looking for, Dallen soon realized that it was James Stone.

Stone had killed a few of them, and they followed his tracks but were led astray. They just happened to come this way, all for nothing. Without a moment's more hesitation, Dallen lunged his knife deep into the man's throat and held it there until he finally died.

He tried his best to clean off the blood as he walked back to the truck, but it was impossible. Elsie pretended not to have seen as he came closer, reverting her eyes from the mirrors.

"The road's will be blocked ahead, I know," he told her. "We'll have to go on foot. I need you to be strong."

"I am strong," she said sternly. "Ashley taught me. Where are we going?"

"Home...depot," he replied.

It was the only safe place to go, but getting there through all the walkers was not going to be easy.

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:
    Share this topic:
    « Next Oldest | Gainesville, GA | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic

Affiliates

Guardians Arising End of Line Interitus Beyond Human Once Upon a Dream Naruto Genkai RP Accursed Skyrim Lutea The Mists Love Hina Generation

TWD FAMILY:

Too Far Gone The Walking Dead We Are The Infected

RESOURCE AFFILIATES & LISTINGS:

Jcink.com Jcink.com RPG-D cyberink.me

This site is best viewed using or .

-- arbitration ] skinned by novia of rpgd.