We are an original character post-apocalyptic forum role-play site
set in the universe of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead.

Because we value originality and creativity, cannon characters are unavailable for play. They get their time to shine, now it's yours. We know you will be able to establish a character worthy of being chronicled in the history books of this new dystopia.

Role-playing anywhere in the Former United States is encouraged. We have designed this forum to be expanded, shaped and molded directly by the players themselves. This is your country now.

NO WORD COUNT ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME

Come, we invite you to tell your story.

Our inspiration is divined from their respective owners & creators:

Skin by: Novia at RPG-D
Skin & Graphic edits by: Idan
Welcome Menu & Graphics by: Idan
Awards & Group Icons by: Upestana at TAZ
On/Off Status by: DustyBones at TAZ
Cbox Toggle & Tabs: kismet at RPG-D
Mini-Profiles: Darren Criss AKA Becky at Caution 2.0
Hover Pics: Alysaurus at Caution 2.0
Stat Table: Revo at RPG-D

Extra Special Thanks to Memoria at RPG-D

All user created content belongs to their creator. Do not steal.

• Welcome
  • Info
  • Staff
  • Credits

• Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

War of the Dead, Dal/Ash/Open
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Nov 27 2014, 09:09 AM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal
    Awards: 4

"How many?" Tavien asked on the CB radio. He was speaking with another group, one they had made contact with some time ago. They were held up in a radio tower a few miles to the east of the home depot, though the two groups had never actually met face to face because of the numerous amount of dead roaming the streets. Tavien waited patiently for the answer while Dallen paced back and forth behind him.

"Thousands..." was the reply. "Tavien, your people need to leave."

The former teacher buried his face in his hands for a moment as Dallen came to a stop in his movement.

"I'll take a group out," Dallen told him. "You just have everyone ready in case it doesn't go my way."

"She said 'thousands' Dallen," Tavien replied. "I don't think we can handle that. The fences won't hold if a herd that size is heading this way, we might have to think about leaving. Heading to the radio tower. I know we have more people then they can accommodate for over there, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it. Right now, we need to think about all of our safety."

"Fuck safety, and fuck the radio tower, this is our home," Dallen said. "We can't start over from scratch, I'll turn the herd in another direction."

"Fuck safety?" Tavien raised an eyebrow and Dallen shrugged. "How exactly are you going to turn the herd away?"

"I'll think of something. Where's Stone and Alix?"

"Stone and Casey are at the airport, haven't heard back from them in a while. They might be trapped, maybe check into it if you get a chance? I don't know where Alix is, she comes and goes. Like you."

"We can go," Arianna said from behind the men. Beside her was Beth, and to her side was her dog Baloo.

"We want to help," Beth added.

Dallen looked at the pair. He wanted to say no to them, they weren't as trained as the others, but he needed all the help he could get. He nodded.

"The herd is 3 miles out heading this way fast," Tavien said. "Not trying to rush you, but if you're going to do this you need to be quick. I'll have everyone ready to go here. Take these."

He handed them radios.

"Oooh, do we get code names too?" asked Beth. "I'll be Lady Death. Dal you can be, uhh...Grim."

"This isn't a joke Beth," Dallen scolded the young blonde. "People could die today. Take this seriously...I want to be called Reaper."

Beth rolled her eyes as she passed Dallen and gave Tavien a kiss on the cheek. The two had become a small thing lately.

"Be careful."

"I'll be back," she replied to him. "Don't worry, I got Reaper here watchin' over me."

"Gear up," Dallen said. "Lets hit the road."

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Nov 30 2014, 03:44 AM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

500 days since the outbreak began: July 2013

South Gainesville, GA
    11:45am

"I can't see anything."Ari had her eyes pressed to the binoculars. The three of them were prone on the highest hill overlooking the valley of lush green landscape below. Just beyond the city lines were bundles of trees, and darkness loomed within them even under the sun.

"The treeline," Dallen said. He pointed his finger toward the spot as Arianna looked again. This time she focused in and saw the walkers. They were coming into view, one after another. More and more came pouring out of the forest.

"There are to many obstacles between us and them," Beth started. She got up to a knee and brushed her jeans off from dry grass. "Even if there are thousands, the chances of them even reaching us are pretty slim."

"There's so many," Ari stated. "So many lives."

Dallen pulled out a crumpled box of Marlboro's from his breast pocket and lit one up. After he exhaled he cleared his throat. "They eat until there's nothing left to eat, then they move on," he said. "It might take a long time, but eventually they will get to us. There's a lake behind us a few miles back. If they do come our way, we'll be trapped."

"A lake's not such a bad idea, we could find an island," Ari suggested. "They can't swim, can they?"

"The marina's already been scavenged, it's a dead zone. Nothing there anymore but the dead."

"Alright Dal so what's your plan then?" Elizabeth wondered.

"...Fireworks," he replied. "It just so happens a valley of fire is just west of the 95. If they're still stocked, there'll be enough of it to be seen all the way from Nunez."

"We're supposed to...what? Drive around shootin' off fireworks until they go away?"

"Something like that...yeah," he told her as they all got up. "If anything it'll buy us some time for smarter people like Tavien to figure out a better plan."

"We're not going toward the walkers...?" Ari asked, nervous about the idea.

"It's a clear highway, there and back again," Dallen assured her. "You can drive if you want, you'll never have to leave the truck."

"Okay."

The three of them got into the old pickup and headed further down the road. When they reached the abandoned lot to the valley of fire, just under the intertwined freeways, Dallen and Beth got out and readied their weapons.

"Won't be long," Dallen told Arianna, then he and Beth faded from view into the firework store.

Ari turned off the engine to the pickup and sat. A few moments later she turned the rearview mirror toward her to see her face. She fixed her hair and gave herself a slight smile. She had been through a lot, and the memories of all of it started flooding in. Tears built around her eyes and she quickly turned the mirror to face away from her. She wanted to forget all the horrible things she had seen, but they were always with her now. Searching the glove compartment she found a small flask, and she opened it up to smell whiskey within. It was Dallen's, but she didn't care. She took a swig and set it back, closing her eyes for a moment of clarity. When she opened them again she looked right at the rearview mirror, she saw a man with a gun stealthily turning the corner of the building and then entering. It was someone she had never seen before, she knew she had to warn the others.

"Drop your weapons!" a raspy voice rang out in the store. Dallen and Beth turned to face the man. He was middle aged, athletic build, and had a large thick black beard covering his face. He raised his baretta at the two, his hands were slightly shaking and Dallen could sense the nerves in this man. They both lowered their weapons, Dallen's Mossberg shotgun and Beth's compound bow, to the floor. They raised their hands after.

"I'm sorry 'bout this," the man said, he walked forward and strapped the weapons around his shoulder. "Don't follow me or I will kill you both."

"You don't have to do this," Beth stated. "We can help you, are you alone?"

"No, and my group's dangerous. Stay here and count to 1,000."

"We have a group, we can..." Beth started, but Dallen cut her off. "Be quiet Beth," he told her. "Just let him go."

The man smirked. "Listen to your boyfriend blondie," he said, slowly backing up in the store to leave.

Ari snuck in from behind, mustering whatever courage she could find within herself. The handgun she held was shaking as she approached and raised it to the man.

"Don't move!" she shouted.

The man spun around, and in the confusion he fired his weapon. Ari fired also, though her aim missed and hit some fireworks, causing a few small spinners to blast into motion and blare out the place in noise. Ari fell to the ground, and though the man hadn't intended on killing any of them he realized what he had just done. Wide eyed and panicked, the man ran out the store. He fired his weapon into a few more fireworks to aid in his escape.

"Ari!" Beth yelled.

They ran over and Dallen held her on the floor. She was hit directly in the chest, and blood was pouring out of her mouth. She couldn't speak, all she could do was look helplessly up until her life faded away. Beth burst into tears yelling for Ari to stay, and Dallen just looked down.

"She's gone."

Dallen then pulled out his knife from his inner coat pocket and stabbed her in the temple, making sure she wouldn't return.

"Take the truck and get back to the others, now!" Dallen demanded, he got up and started off toward the door.

"What are you going to do?" Beth asked, but he didn't respond and just left. She knew she had to act fast, not only did Dallen just leave her, but the noise from the fireworks would have probably been heard by the massive horde.

Dallen walked out into the day's sunlight and immediately saw the man's footprints in the dirt covered cement. He followed into an alley that led to the back of a few buildings. Then he saw the man, trying to hop a white wall with all of his newly acquired loot. Upon seeing Dallen running after him he dropped a few bags and the shotgun, though Dallen quickly passed them by remembering their location. The former salesman scaled the wall quickly and continued his pursuit of the man.

After running out of breath, the thief went into an abandoned warehouse and hid behind some clothes that were hung up. He tried to control his panting as Dallen ran by and away from view. After a few moments, he left back to the alleyway thinking himself free. The walkers were coming out now, on both sides of the street. As the man took another step, Dallen came from around a dumpster and tackled him, causing all of the weapons to be dropped.

He reigned down punches to the murderer's face, but the man was quick enough to pull out a small blade and stick it into Dal's left side, just under his ribcage. Dallen fell back and the man pounced with his knife, but Dallen was able to grip his hand and hold it away from him. Dallen also pulled out his knife with his free hand and slashed the attacker a few times, taking a few more stabs to the shoulder as well.

The nearest walker approached as Dallen felt the sharp blade enter his flesh yet again. The man was stronger than him, and he held Dallen down to the asphalt against his will. As the walker lunged downward, Dallen managed to grab the knife from the floor again and stick it into the man's pelvis, twisting it and kicking him off toward the creature. Dallen crawled away as the man screamed a high pitched tone, until the walker tore out his throat with its jaws. A few more walkers huddled around to join the frenzy.

Dallen was stabbed numerous times, with a trail of blood following him with every inch he dragged himself down the street. A few of the undead noticed him too, and his attention quickly turned to the sewer opening in the curb of the sidewalk. He dragged himself over with everything he had left, and entered. His body fell to the floor below, darkness and the horrible smell of feces and death encompassing him. Looking up at the hole he had just crawled into, a few walkers now blocked it. They couldn't get inside, but their arms reached down trying to reach at the man.

Dallen flipped the undead his middle finger, then he passed out against the cold stone wall of the sewer.

npc's: Beth: user posted image Ari: user posted image Tavien :user posted image

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Nov 30 2014, 03:15 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

The sound from above was enough to make everyone stop what they were doing and tense. Holding out a hand with her fingers spread out, it was a sign for the others to continue remaining quiet. Mothers pulled their whimpering children close while the men clinched their jaws, hands reaching for their weapons just in case.

For years they'd been living in the sewers, right under the noses of those above and so far no one had disturbed the little safe haven they'd created. They emerged from their refuge to feel the warmth of the sun and to tend crops, but for the most part the people enjoyed their home. Easily overlooked, they let the factions and groups above war with each other, staying out of the way. Let the dogs eat each other.

“What'dya think's goin' on up there?” one of the men asked, posing the question on everyone's minds. His hands rested on his hips as he tilted his head back.

Slowly shaking her head, Ashley's eyes searched above as she admitted, “Dunno, Ron.” Reaching out to give him a slap on the chest with the back of her hand, she flashed a dingy grin as she added, “But I think we better find out.”

Clipping a radio onto the band of her jeans, she grabbed a Remington 700 Bolt-Action Rifle hoping that she wouldn't need to use it. With a wave of her hand she motioned for him to follow and they proceeded through the tunnels towards the manhole cover where they'd ascend to evaluate the commotion.

But they never did get that far. Upon seeing the figure against the wall in the distance, Ashley's hand immediately shot out to create a barricade to prevent the man behind her from proceeding any further. From above she could see hands attempting to reach inside.

“Well, shit,” she sighed with a frown.

The man edged up closer, squinting his eyes trying to get a better view. “It alive?”

“Fuck if I know,” Ashley stated, clutching the rifle tighter in her grasp—not that she would actually fire down here in the tunnels for fear of ricochet. Elbowing him in the side, she teased, “Go grab it.” Apparently Ronald didn't find it as amusing. Holding out her hand, she wiggled her fingers. “Knife?”

Reaching down the man pulled out a long serrated knife from left boot and held it out to her. Exchanging the rifle for the blade, she said, “I'll make sure it's down.”
    ^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Nov 30 2014, 05:43 PM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

In his drifting daze, Dallen heard them approaching. Every muscle in his body ached and every wound he had felt more intense. He felt the figure come over to him as he opened his eyes, and with a last bit of strength he reached up with his right hand and grabbed the person's wrist.

"Not...bit..." he muttered, then darkness overcame him yet again.

He normally had nightmares, but this time it was far worse. It was a dream of someone he had buried away inside of himself, someone he had never spoken of before since the tragedy happened. It was his daughter, her face clear as day to him for the first time since she was alive. She had passed before the apocalypse, a car accident that was his own fault. Something he could never get over.

He reached out to her, but she began to fade away to the wind. Her lips parted just before she was completely gone, she spoke to him.

"Save them."

"I couldn't save you!" he said. As she faded he ran after her. "Wait! ...Don't go."

Then she was gone again. Dallen opened his eyes to darkness. He was in a small cold room and his hand was tied to a metal pipe. Once his eye sight adjusted he could see he was in some utility room underground. There was light under the door crease, and shadows moving around from the other side. He struggled with the rope around his wrist for a minute, to tight to free himself. The pain in his shoulder intensified as he moved, so instead he stayed still.

Then the door opened and the light struck his face, causing him to wince at the brightness. Someone came in and before he could even see their face fully he spoke. "What the hell is this?" he asked.

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Nov 30 2014, 09:13 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

Lifting the knife to put it out of its misery, Ashley gasped when it reached up and grabbed her. The words struggling at his lips, she glanced over her shoulder at her partner to gauge his reaction. It appeared Ron had been ready to spring forward when the man had moved and was halfway to her. His grip loosened from around her wrist and soon let go.

Rather than finish the task she took a step back. “He says he's not bitten,” she stated calmly, tapping her chin in deep thought.

“Maybe he ain't,” Ron replied. “But he sure as hell ain't gonna survive that. Look at 'im. He's as good as dead.”

“Maybe,” the woman agreed with a slight nod. But he wasn't dead yet. With a motion of her head, she ordered Ron silently with her eyes to grab the man. Standing there dumbfounded at the order, her voice became impatient when she had to sternly say, “Now.”

The two of them, mostly Ron, dragged the stranger back through the tunnels to the camp. Whatever had been going on topside seemed to have calmed down for the time being. Rather than face the unknown for answers, Ashely decided it might be best to get the information they wanted out of the new arrival.

After letting the resident doctor mend him to the best of his abilities with what little medicinal supplies they had, they locked him up in the utility room and tied him up for everyone's safety. Even detaining him did little to ease the other's concerns.

Outside of the room in front of the door, Ashley had spent the better half of the last hour arguing with Ron about the stranger's fate. He believed they should go ahead and kill him before he brought in more trouble. While understanding his reasoning, she wasn't as convinced.

Going their separate ways, ultimately leaving Ashley alone to decide his fate, she unlocked the door to the utility room and jerked the handle. The rusty hinges made an unpleasant creak as it opened.

Walking into the room, Ashley rested a hand on her hip as she looked down at him, careful to keep her distance. “This is me trying to save your life. The others want to kill you. They didn't think you'd make it and you're a threat to us even if you do.” Crossing her arms she leaned her shoulder against the dank wall. “If I were you, I'd start trying to impress me, darlin'. What's your name?”
    ^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Dec 1 2014, 12:07 AM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

Dallen attempted a laugh, but the pain in his muscles slimmed it down to a huff. He was in no mood, or state, to be impressing anyone. Though, the bounds around his wrist told otherwise.

"I'd love to slip on my dancing shoes and buy you a drink, spin you around and give you a curtsy," he told her. "But I'm a little tied up at the moment."

He pulled at the ropes and gave a sarcastic smile. He then sat up and pressed his back to the wall, though it hurt, his energy was a little better than it was.

"My names Dallen Larson," he said. Looking down at his ripped and torn collared white shirt, he saw that his wounds had been mended through the tears. He also knew that his wounds weren't to severe, no major cuts or organs hit. Just a few stabs at the upper left shoulder and lower left body. "Thank you, for this."

The group wasn't a savage one at least, he thought to himself. Maybe impressing them wasn't such a bad thing. Though their home base would make anyone think otherwise, living in a sewer for all this time made him really appreciate the home depot.

"I'm no threat to your group," he added. "I was attacked, maybe by one of your own. He robbed us, then killed my friend. I killed him."

He tugged at the uncomfortable ropes once again, adjusting his wrists to feel more comfortable.

"Fireworks went off," he continued. "By now the streets will be covered with the dead. Tell me you guys have a way out of this shit hole."

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Dec 1 2014, 10:35 AM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

Quirking a brow at his response, Ashley continued to remain silent. At least he wasn't threatening her as some of the other stragglers they'd had to detain in the past had. While no one bothered them for the most part, every now and then a stray would wander into their mists that they had to keep a close eye on. Most of them had to be eliminated, but some of them joined the ranks.

“Don't thank me. Thank Lester when you get out of here. If you get out of here. He's the one who patched you up.” She didn't know two shits about first aid; the extent of her knowledge was to slap a band-aid on it. The day the doctor wandered into their mists had been a day for celebrating. They ran out of food and had to stingily ration until the next harvest after being unable to find any game. It was a mistake they learned from and even went so far as to find another plot of land above for more crops, just in case. Anything could happen—animals, people, a cold winter chill—and they wanted to make sure they were prepared.

Keeping her eyes locked on him like a hawk, she tried to determine whether or not he was telling the truth. It sounded like a logical explanation. Dallen appeared sincere and she noticed no micro-expressions on his face to the contrary. Ashley found herself believing him. The others would disapprove at first, but she knew eventually they would come around—assuming her gut feeling about this man was correct.

“It wasn't one of our men,” she stated firmly, fully convinced of this fact. “When we go to the surface we travel in groups. It's safer. We have each other's back.” No one had gone out today and there hadn't been any plan to until the fireworks had gone off. Now she was glad they didn't go to the surface.

Making her way over to him, Ashley knelt down in front of him. Pulling the hunting knife she'd yet to return, she began to cut the rope binding his hands together. “This shit hole is our home,” she informed him. “And it's protected us for years.” Her eyes flickered up at him to meet his gaze as she told him, “I wish you could say the same for where ever the hell you just came from.”

Letting the ropes fall, she stood up. “If you really want out you can follow the tunnels. I'm sure there's a manhole cover you could open somewhere in the city. But you might want to wait until that shoulder of yours heals first.”
    ^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Dec 1 2014, 07:31 PM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

Her eyes looked innocent enough, though even through them he could see that she had been through a lot to survive this long. Everyone in this world has done something.

He thought about telling her about the home depot base for a moment, but figured it best for both parties that they never meet. Besides, they were running out of space over there and these people seemed to have it together anyway. At least for living in a dump.

"Eh, this is nothing," he said, looking down at his blood stained, white collared shirt. "I'm in my prime. Think I'll take you up on that leaving bit, I'm not much of the sticking around type."

He massaged his wrists for a brief moment, then attempted to get up. The pain came back and throbbed at his side and shoulder, and he immediately slumped back down to the cold floor.

"On second thought, I think I'll enjoy your company a bit longer," he added.

Reaching into his shirt pocket he pulled out his pack of cigarettes, then put the last one he had left to his lips. "You don't mind," he assured her, not caring if she did anyway. He then pulled out his lighter and lit it, feeling instant satisfaction.

"So, what's for dinner?"

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Dec 2 2014, 02:34 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

Dallen could stick his nose at their hovel as much as he wanted, but his nonchalant statement on how his wounds were considered the norm only further cemented her appreciation for the place. She knew she would do anything to protect it. Not expecting him to actually want to leave, when he stated he would be her tongue brushed across her teeth as she considered her options. Mainly whether or not she could trust letting him go—alive, anyway.

It wasn't something she needed to consider for long however as the man, in visible pain, couldn't bring himself to stand. “I don't mind,” she agreed when he pulled out his cigarettes. “Others might.” It was a good thing it was his last; she didn't feel like staving away the ex-smokers who might try attacking him to get at it.

Considering he wasn't a part of their little group just yet, his rations would be limited. They didn't exactly prepare for guests and his dinner would be made up of whatever the people decided to volunteer from their own plates to give him. Some of the children would probably try to give him their spinach leaves.

As she opened her mouth to speak, Ron walked into the room. Arms crossed in front of his chest, he kept a stiff jaw as his dark gaze landed on the new arrival. He made it obvious his presence was not welcome. “Ash,” he said, tearing his eyes away and turning his neck to look at her. “You have to come with me. We have a bit of a problem.”

“Another one?” she asked making no effort to hide the fact that's what she believed Dallen to be—a problem. A hint of frustration laced her words. With only an affirmative nod of his head, the man remained silent as he moved his eyes to the door. Whatever it was, he didn't want to say it in front of the stranger.

Taking one last look at Dallen, Ashley made no attempt to tie him up again after seeing the way he'd struggled to stand. He wasn't going anywhere right now. Not until he healed. Without a word she left the room. Ron followed after her.

With Ashley gone and the utility room's door now wide open, the children were now curious. Standing near the frame of the door they shyly peeked inside, daring each other in hushed whispers to approach him. Only the little girl was brave enough. The pale, raven haired child walked in hesitantly, eying him with the innocent curiosity that only a young child could have.
    ^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Dec 2 2014, 09:45 PM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

He finished his cigarette as they went off, making his last hit last as long as it could. Ashing the butte on the floor beside him, he looked up to see a little girl curiously looking over him.

"You should see the other guy," he told the child.

They had young people back at the depot, but none were quite as young as these ones. He hated children, but this was no place for them no matter the outcome of what the world was. Still, it was probably much safer down here. If Alix were here, she'd probably try to get the kids to come over with her. To Dallen, it didn't matter where anyone was or how strong their home was built, they were as good as dead already to him. A horrible thought, but that's the way he felt.

He attempted to get up again, this time with success. It took him awhile, but he eventually made it to his feet. The children backed away as he passed through the door. There were candles and lanterns lit, and the room looked to be an old underground passageway that led to the sewers. People looked to him as he came out, some with disapproving stares. He nodded to them, then walked to one of the corners of the room and leaned against it.

"Nice place you have here," he said to no one in particular. Other than the children, everyone seemed to be very uncomfortable with his presence. "Don't mind me, I'll just stay here and bleed."

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Dec 4 2014, 05:56 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

The men were looking for Dallen. Though they made no indication that they knew where he'd gone, they made it clear that they wouldn't give up the search. She listened closely to the echoed snippets through the drains on the side of the road and even after they'd left she remained silent and pensive.

“He can't stay here,” Ron stated firmly.

Ashley shot him a glare. “Well he obviously can't go back out there,” she said. “If the dead don't get him then they obviously will.”

“You heard 'em, Ash! They ain't gonna give up looking until they find him,” he argued back in a hushed whisper, afraid his voice would carry somewhere he didn't want. “I'm not about to risk everything we've built for one stranger. Think about it, babe.”

Begrudgingly she crossed her arms and looked away, knowing he was right and too stubborn to say anything. “Fine,” she stated.

“I know you wanna save everyone,” he told her. “We do what we can. But that guy-he's trouble. If anything happened to-”

“I said fine,” Ashley snapped, wanting the topic dropped. The man had to go for the safety of the group and she knew this. It had been one thing to kill him when she thought he was a danger, but knowing that he was the one in danger, it seemed wrong to kick him out. But, for the good of the rest of the group, she knew Ron was right.

The child scurried away when he stood and hurried out the door. When Dallen emerged she was now hiding behind the legs of a tired woman with sunken cheeks. “He's scary,” she whimpered, pouting in his general direction. “I don't like him.”
    ^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Dec 4 2014, 10:36 PM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

Just another moment later and everyone went back to their business. It was as if he had never even been there. His gaze made eye contact with the little girl, but she quickly disappeared behind a woman. Once the attention was lifted from him, Dallen moved around. He wanted to get to know the place as well as he could for however long he was going to be there. His main priority was getting to know the exits in case something were to happen.

He walked into the next opening, a large open space that had tunnels leading down toward the sewers. There were cardboard signs hung up on the walls to different rooms and places. One read 'Exit C: Dead zone.' Underneath the sign it read 'Do Not Enter. Do Not Remove Barricade' in red spray paint. Another sign read: Medical, it led to another small room where Dallen assumed the doctor would be. He wanted to thank him for bandaging his wounds, but once he entered he saw that it was empty. There were a few medical supplies lying around a desk and a chair. Blood stained the ground under the table bed.

A spanish family of four were huddled off to the side, they were all sharing a large mink blanket between them and crying together. Probably remembering their loved ones.

Dallen staggered on into the largest room that led into many more rounded tunnels, all were different passageways to different parts of the city. He had no idea how much space was underground Gainesville. As he went on, he noticed that he was being followed by one of the younger guys of the group. He followed at a distance and held his arm firmly over his rifle. Ignoring the man, Dallen continued.

The place was actually much nicer than what he had originally thought a sewer could be. It was smart as well, let the dead have the surface and stay below them just out of reach. He felt better about staying here. It couldn't be for to long though, he didn't want Beth coming back and looking for him. He had to let them know he was alright, but they knew he could handle himself anyway. Unfortunately his radio had fallen off somewhere up there, finding it would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

He saw Ash coming back up from one of the tunnels, so he walked toward her.

"You're right, I should stay," he told her. "I won't be a burden."

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Dec 9 2014, 01:21 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

Walking back to the main room, Ron's hand rested on Ashley's lower back as he tried to comfort her in their recent decision. It was evidenced by the troubled look on her face that she wasn't as convinced that it was the right thing to do. But as they saw Dallen approaching in the distance, the man cleared his throat and stepped to the side putting space between them.

Raising a brow, Ashley was surprised to find him walking around after his failed attempt earlier. He'd seemed weak, but apparently not weak enough. Silently she scolded herself for not shackling him back to the pipes. While it didn't seem to be an issue at the moment, her first impression that he was trustworthy luckily correct, if she'd been wrong, as she'd been wrong about his condition, then the others would have been in danger. It was a mistake on her part and one she wouldn't make again in the future.

“I said that?” she asked, her mind wandering to recall the conversation. Yes, she had suggested he stay until he was healed. Damn. Damn it to hell.

Standoffish, Ron chided, “You're already a burden,” though he didn't elaborate further on what he meant by that. Instead he left Ashley to handle it as he went on ahead leaving the two of them alone to talk.

Breathing through her nostrils, the woman bit the inside of her cheek as she wondered how to go about handling the situation. “You've got undead swarming just overhead and a group of men hunting you down, threatening to do whatever it takes to kill you,” she said. “I'm sure you understand why we're a little on edge.”

But she couldn't just send him to the surface to die. Though something twisted in her gut as if to say she'd end up regretting it, she told him, “Three days. You can stay for three days until the dead thin out up top and your wounds heal a little more. Then you're out of here. As long as those people are after you, you're a risk, Dallen. You can't stay for too long.”
    ^
    Dallen Larson
     Posted: Dec 10 2014, 08:56 PM
    Quote Post
    The One
    Salesman
    Sharp things
    Blunt things
    Male
    17-August 13
    391 posts
    played by Dal

He stared back at her blankly until she was finished talking. She seemed to have her mind swayed in her groups direction, which was understandable. Three days was more than enough time anyway, and so he nodded in agreement.

"Three days, that's fair," he said.

He reached up to his shoulder wound and kept pressure on the bandage as he thought about the other thing she had mentioned. 'Who the hell was she talking about?'

"What people are after me?" he wondered. "I came with friends. We're a part of a larger group..."

Maybe it was her own way of getting rid of him, or maybe it was just an excuse. Whatever the case, all he wanted was time to rest and then be off back to his companions. They were probably worried about him by now, and he didn't like the idea of them out searching for him while another group was up there. Who could they be?

"We haven't crossed paths with another person until..." he started, then he remembered the very man that gave him these wounds. The one he killed. Maybe someone else was there? Maybe he was seen. "...that guy I killed. If they saw me kill him, then it won't be long before they realize I came down here. I'm sorry, you're right. I should go now."

He had no idea how right he actually was. The group that wanted him had already figured it out, where he had gone. They were waiting for the walker's to thin out as well, however long that would take.

He turned to leave back the way he had come, but the pain shot through him again. He pressed an arm against the cold brick wall and held himself up to catch his breath. He hated being useless, but that's exactly what he was currently.

He purposefully slumped to the ground, wishing he now had never left the depot. If only he could get in contact with his group again, they'd be able to help this situation out. Until then, he was on his own.

"Just leave me here," he eventually told her. "I'll find my way out. Or, I'll die. Either way I won't be a problem anymore."

--------------------
    user posted image

^
    Leroy Book
     Posted: Dec 17 2014, 11:19 AM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    Female
    30-August 13
    28 posts
    played by N/A

Considering they were both on the same page now, Ashley didn't have much else to say. Crossing her arms, she was actually surprised it had been that easy. Most people would have been more concerned with themselves and put up a fight.

Seeing him fall against the wall the woman heaved a frustrated sigh. How convenient Dallen had been physically able to move freely around when he wanted to, but now seemed to be incapable.

“That would be the easy thing to do,” she agreed. “But I have a feeling these people hunting you wouldn't be too happy about that. I need you alive. No offense, but I have to think of the others. You either need to give yourself over or at the very least lead the bastards away.” She was counting on him leaving some trail when he left that would lead these people away from them.

But for now they were safe and would be until the herd started to sparse. Leaning down she put a strong arm around him and strained to try and help him up. “Come on. Give me a little help here,” she grunted.
    ^
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:
    Share this topic:
    « Next Oldest | Gainesville, GA | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic

Affiliates

Guardians Arising End of Line Interitus Beyond Human Once Upon a Dream Naruto Genkai RP Accursed Skyrim Lutea The Mists Love Hina Generation

TWD FAMILY:

Too Far Gone The Walking Dead We Are The Infected

RESOURCE AFFILIATES & LISTINGS:

Jcink.com Jcink.com RPG-D cyberink.me

This site is best viewed using or .

-- arbitration ] skinned by novia of rpgd.