We are an original character post-apocalyptic forum role-play site
set in the universe of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead.

Because we value originality and creativity, cannon characters are unavailable for play. They get their time to shine, now it's yours. We know you will be able to establish a character worthy of being chronicled in the history books of this new dystopia.

Role-playing anywhere in the Former United States is encouraged. We have designed this forum to be expanded, shaped and molded directly by the players themselves. This is your country now.

NO WORD COUNT ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME

Come, we invite you to tell your story.

Our inspiration is divined from their respective owners & creators:

Skin by: Novia at RPG-D
Skin & Graphic edits by: Idan
Welcome Menu & Graphics by: Idan
Awards & Group Icons by: Upestana at TAZ
On/Off Status by: DustyBones at TAZ
Cbox Toggle & Tabs: kismet at RPG-D
Mini-Profiles: Darren Criss AKA Becky at Caution 2.0
Hover Pics: Alysaurus at Caution 2.0
Stat Table: Revo at RPG-D

Extra Special Thanks to Memoria at RPG-D

All user created content belongs to their creator. Do not steal.

• Welcome
  • Info
  • Staff
  • Credits

• Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

Sanctuary, tag ken w/ mike
    Mike Cleyburne
     Posted: Oct 25 2014, 02:54 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    Teacher/National Guardsman
    Seven-six-two millimeter...Full Metal Jacket
    N/A
    .45ACP Pistol
    Male
    7-March 14
    93 posts
    played by Ken
    Awards: 1

“Nothing’s goin’ on,” Mike replied quietly. “I came looking for Emily.” He dropped into a crouch and held the lantern up to his face. “Looks like she’s in good hands, though.” They would never be a good as his hands, but he wasn’t going to push the issue. Emi had survived because she was cared for and protected...not because of anything he did. He’d gone off to do his duty despite the warnings plastered all over the TV and radio at the dawn of the outbreak. In a way, he still felt responsible for his wife and father’s deaths and not to mention Emily’s harrowing disappearance. Had he stayed -- like many members of his unit had -- he might have saved them or he might have died right alongside them. But he had to go, and they all understood that fact including Emily. Regardless, someone else had to take up the responsibility of protecting his daughter. The other Cleyburnes had done so until their deaths, and it was the kindness of strangers and divine providence that she wasn’t killed either. These people didn’t have to see to her well-being...McKenna had chosen to, which made it understandable why his daughter had latched so tightly on to the blonde. She was Emi’s mother-figure now, and Mike didn’t have the heart to change that. Maybe it was a little betrayal of Heather’s memory, but she was gone now. Her mother would want her safe above all else, and McKenna had already proven herself in Emily’s eyes if not his own.

In the rack above them, Alex rolled over and muttered something incoherently. He remained silent for a moment until he heard the rhythmic breathing of a person sleeping. “Sorry I woke you,” he told the drowsy blonde woman. “We can talk in the morning.” Mike rose up and started back for his room when he heard McKenna whisper what he thought was “Wait”. Stopping, he half-turned back to their bunk to see her carefully crawling out. She wasn’t wearing much to sleep in and he unashamedly became mesmerized for a moment. Modesty was something he’d lost a long time ago, and she didn’t help by being undeniably sexy. McKenna caught him looking as she slipped her jeans back on, but Mike cooly diverted his eyes from her body to her face. It would be too easy with her to let lust come into play, especially since it had been awhile since he’d had any. Once she was dressed -- more or less -- he motioned for her to follow him. They went into the kitchen area, which was far away from the sleeping and office areas so they could talk without waking anyone. Mike tossed a couple of pieces of wood into the stove and stoked it up. The container that usually held coffee was empty, which irked him. He had to settle on a milk carton full of grape Kool-Aid, which he sat down on the table along with two cups.

“She was really close to her mother,” he finally said as he sat at the picnic table. “With me being in the Guard, I was gone off and on. Heather, Emily’s mom...she’d managed to walk that fine line between parent ‘n friend. I never could. I don’t think I was meant to. Maybe if she’d been born a boy,” he shrugged and filled both their cups. Their words were hushed, but carried a lot of emotional weight in them. “But I love her more than anything and always have. Just the idea of her still being alive kept me going, even when it got really, really bad. Anyway...that’s not what I needed to talk about.” Mike sipped the drink slowly. “What I need to ask you...I don’t do for the group. Lord knows we could use you and Alex’s skills here. But we don’t make people stay. For my daughter’s sake, though,” he said into the flickering lights of her eyes, “I’m asking you two to stay. She needs a strong female presence in her life right now. Emily trusts you, and knowing her like I do...she loves you. I want her to be strong and tough so she can go on living, but I want her to be happy, too. Not much of that around anymore.” The warmth from the stove was welcome, but it did nothing for his tiredness. He stared back into the beautiful, soft face of McKenna in hopes of reading her expressions. Instead, he got lost in the alluring curves of her cheeks, her full lips, and angelic glow from her tender smile. Focus, Mike. One thing at a time…

“I figure the three of you can have my room. It’s more cozy and private.” He offered it to her not as an incentive to stay, but because his conscience wouldn’t allow him to sleep in a better place than women and children. Pushing the cup to the side, Mike folded his arms on the table. “Whatever else you want...name it,” he said without a second thought.

--------------------
    user posted image
    ^
    McKenna McBride
     Posted: Oct 25 2014, 09:53 PM
    Quote Post
    Kenna
    Surgeon
    Smith & Wesson M&P40C Compact Pistol
    N/A
    Smith & Wesson Tactical Folding Knife
    Female
    1-October 14
    18 posts
    played by chelsea
    Awards: None

Emily stirred in McKenna’s arms just slightly as the older woman turned on her back. He answered her question but she could see as the light illuminated his face that there was something more. It was going to be hard for the two of them to share this child. McKenna knew that she should probably just leave and let Emily have a good life with her father. However, that part was small. An even greater part of McKenna wanted to be selfish for the first time since all this shit started. She wanted to keep Emily. Mike stood up after Alex stopped moving around and started to walk away. McKenna sighed and knew that there was no going back to sleep after this. ”Mike, wait.” she whispered. Carefully, she slid her arm out from under Emily’s head and bundled her up in the blankets. She stood up in the darkness and searched for her pants. Was it in appropriate for her to be in her panties in front of a stranger, probably, but she didn’t care. After she slid her pants over her curvaceous hips she stepped into her unlaced boots and threw a red and black flannel shirt over her shoulders. She walked towards Mike, shoving her hands through the arm holes.

He motioned for her to follow which she did, closely. It took some restraint to not grab on to his belt loop or something to keep from getting separated. Old habits. In the woods you grabbed whatever you could to prevent losing someone. The even tied themselves together with long rope to keep from getting separated. In the end it wasn’t a very good idea but they didn’t lose a person. He took her to the room with a heater and McKenna walked over to it with him. She put her hands out for the warmth and sighed as it instantly made her skin feel better. It wasn’t freezing but there was just something comforting about a fire. He stoked it up higher and then left her side. McKenna stood there staring into the flames, remembering things that she had seen. The sound of cups being sat down brought her out of her shadows. She turned and wrapped her arms around herself then joined him at the picnic table. Apparently, he had been wanting to get something off his chest since they first met and now was the time he was going to do it.

She wasn’t surprised by what he said. In fact, she knew all too well how much Emily loved her mother. They talked about her a lot. McKenna felt it was important for the child to remember the good things about her. She knew things about the woman that would probably make Mike more uncomfortable, but that is what happens. You talk to each other and get to know things. Emily described to Ken how she was killed. It was something gruesome and terrible for anyone to see let alone a child. She picked up the glass of kool aid and took a sip. She sat straddling the bench beside mike and watching as he spoke about his wife. There wasn’t much that she could say. He turned to look at her. The glow from the fire lit up his eyes a much dark hue of blue. Gently, McKenna put her hand on his shoulder. ”I wouldn’t think of leaving her.” She found herself wanting to comfort him. He couldn’t have had it very easy, losing his wife, father and then daughter. Not knowing if she was dead or alive would probably have been the worse part. McKenna didn’t now how he held it together but he was doing well.

When he offered up his room she retracted her hand and shook her head. ”I can’t do that. Emily needs to be with you and that room needs to be her home. I’m not taking that from you.” McKenna took another sip of her drink and sat down the cup. He offered her anything else she wanted and she inhaled deeply and let it out. ”You guys have given us so much already. I don’t know what else I could possible need.”
    ^
    Mike Cleyburne
     Posted: Oct 26 2014, 02:44 PM
    Quote Post
    N/A
    Teacher/National Guardsman
    Seven-six-two millimeter...Full Metal Jacket
    N/A
    .45ACP Pistol
    Male
    7-March 14
    93 posts
    played by Ken
    Awards: 1

Mike imagined that McKenna was probably a good doctor back before the outbreak. She had a gentle, reassuring manner about her under that tough, yet gorgeous, exterior. It was certainly enough to settle the fears and chase away the nightmares of a ten-year old girl. He silently thanked God that she possessed a maternal instinct, one even more powerful than a survival one. He’d walked the world outside these walls and it was an almost minute-by-minute struggle to just keep yourself alive, much less a kid that constantly needed protecting, feeding, comforting, and guidance...just to name a few. He turned his head slightly towards her and nodded lightly when McKenna touched him. There was a big part of him that wanted, if not needed, more than just her hand on his shoulder. The urge to just hold the beautiful stranger in his arms was certainly there, but he denied himself that pleasure out of respect for Heather. It felt too soon to find solace in the arms of another woman -- no matter how badly deep down he wanted to. “Thank you,” he said softly. “For Emily. For me. For all of us. Welcome to the family.” Mike finished his drink. She’d made him much happier than he let show, but know he had to convince her to take his room.

“I insist,” he said resolutely. “Emily will just keep gettin’ up in the middle of the night lookin’ for you, and I’ll never get any sleep knowing she’ll be wanderin’ around...even inside the Warehouse. I know it’s just a phase right now, but we don’t know how long it will take for it to pass. I’d much rather have her in there with you and Alex so we can all sleep easy at night.” He thoughtlessly spun the cup around and around, watching the shadows dance on the wall behind the stove. “Besides, our home is bigger than just one room...and it’s your home as well now. I’ll take the racks, ok?”

“There’s another option,” came a sleepy woman’s voice out of the darkness. It was Alex, who was yawning and rubbing her eyes. Her hair was all tangled down in front of her face and she had on a shirt that went down to her knees. She stopped by the table, took McKenna’s cup, and drained it dry. Both Mike and McKenna were her captive audience. “Why not let Ken move in with you and Emily, and I’ll bunk with Camila and Taylor? She asked me earlier if I’d like to. Since we’re staying...I think I’d rather have a room. Everyone’s happy, right?” Mike exchanged looks with McKenna, then they both looked up at Alex. She must have sensed their questions and tucked her hair behind her ear. “Hey, screw the modesty people. This is about Emily. Besides, you’re both grown adults. Who the fuck cares what other people think? End of the world, remember? Way more important things to worry about than who sleeps where and with whom.” Folding her arms, the other doctor traded stares with them both. There was an odd silence, but Mike for one couldn’t find in fault in her rationale. It was a simple solution to the problem, so far as no one had any personal issues with it. Would anyone think any differently of him if he shared a room with McKenna? Did he really care, like Alex said? He, Charlie, and Terri had shared sleeping quarters a lot more snug that his room before. The thought had crossed his mind before, but respect and good-manners and ruled that out as an option in his mind. Alex shrugged her shoulders. “Hey, ya’ll figure it out. I gotta go pee.” With that, she shuffled off toward the back of the building.

Mike propped his head up by the chin and looked over at McKenna. “She’s got a point,” he concluded. “I wouldn’t...be against having you stay with us,” he said...but couldn’t quite hide all the excitement the suggestion created. “The room’s plenty big for the three of us, but I’ll leave it up to you. I’m a gentleman most of the time,” he smirked. “Ask anybody.”

There was a sudden chilly breeze that swept through the room, and Mike already knew that meant someone was coming inside. Looking toward the side entrance door, he saw Gary Holsten jog in headed for the front offices. "What's up, Gary?", he called loud enough to get his attention, but hoping not to wake anyone.

"Shambler mob on the east fence, dude," he said without a hint of panic or excitement. "Maybe fifteen to twenty of 'em. You and Art said to get help whenever a bunch showed up, so here I am."

Mike got to his feet slowly and stretched. There was no reason to hurry or even be worried, since the perimeter defenses could easily handle a group that size. Walker pits, palisades, and chevaux-de-fries kept them off the fence and thus, kept them well at bay. Still, a herd that big couldn't be ignored since they tended to make a lot of noise...which attracted more walkers. It was best to deal with them quickly but safely. He looked at McKenna and saw the concern in her face, but he waved it off with his hand. "Don't worry 'bout it. We can handle them no sweat. You can head on back to bed with Emily and sleep on your decision if you want."

--------------------
    user posted image
    ^
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:
    Share this topic:
    « Next Oldest | Bridgend, SC | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic

Affiliates

Guardians Arising End of Line Interitus Beyond Human Once Upon a Dream Naruto Genkai RP Accursed Skyrim Lutea The Mists Love Hina Generation

TWD FAMILY:

Too Far Gone The Walking Dead We Are The Infected

RESOURCE AFFILIATES & LISTINGS:

Jcink.com Jcink.com RPG-D cyberink.me

This site is best viewed using or .

-- arbitration ] skinned by novia of rpgd.